Addiction & Substances
The hardest battles are with oneself. Nobody asks for addiction; it hijacks one’s life. The loss of self-control is painful and isolating for everyone involved. Cravings and urges may seem impossible to resist.
Other priorities fall to the wayside as they grow. Feeling remorse, hopeless or powerless are signs we need help. When you or a loved one is struggling, this is the first step to regain control.
Common Types of Addiction:
Typical Warning Signs:
- Preoccupation or obsession with the activity
- Inability to stop a behavior despite consequences
- Physical and emotional responses to withdrawal
- Sudden change in activities or neglect
- Social and relationships issues
- Impulsivity or destructive behaviors
- Alcohol and drugs
- Internet/media use
- Diet and exercise
Addiction causes our brain to trick itself. We make impulsive decisions despite the impact to personal health, close relationships and quality of work. Taking back control is difficult and lapses are not uncommon, but it’s never too late to recover. Strategy and support are integral to build a life free of addiction.
We Will Help You:
- Develop motivation and skills to resist addiction
- Find strategies to overcome triggers and barriers
- Discover other activities to occupy and enjoy yourself
- Support others in recovery effectively